9 Best Deer Hoist For Skinning 2021
Are you looking for the best deer hoist?… If yes, then in this article I am covering not only the best deer game hoist but also describing which one is suitable for you.
Now let’s understand the requirement of buying a deer hoist? Well, the answer is, when you take down a big game but face huge problems in order cleaning, transporting, and skin removing tasks in the same position. As a hunter I know these tasks are really time taking and need a lot of energy. Now deer hoist plays a great role here, in order to save you time and energy.
Type of Deer Hoist:-
There are mainly 3 types of Deer Hoists, Tripod hoist, Tree attachment hoist, and Vehicle hoist. However, a deer hoist is used for various purposes and by different people like hunters, auto mechanics, and taxidermists. After spending huge time in research, HunterHunts are breaking down the best deer hoists for you. But before moving forward, let us introduce you to all three types of Deer Hoist.
- Tripod Deer Hoist:- These are the portable deer hoists that give you a facility of instant field dressing for the big game. Tripod deer hoists are advanced game hangers, easy to carry, and useful for the hunters who love to hunt multiple games as well as in the cabin.
- Tree Attachment Deer hoist:- A tree hoist consists of a cable and brake winch to raise or lower the attached game. You have to assemble it on the tree to pull up your game. It is transportable and best to use in the field while you are hunting.
- Vehicle or Hitch Deer hoist:- These types of deer hoists are useful to put the game into your vehicle. The hitch deer hoist simply attaches to your vehicle and allows you to carry the game from one place to another.
Overview of Content
- List Of Best Deer Hoist
- 3 Best Potable Tripod Deer Hoist
- 1. Kill Shot DRC-DTP Portable Deer Hoist (Best Budget Buy)
- 2. HME-TPH Portable Deer Hoist (Premium Quality)
- 3. Guide Gear Portable Tripod Deer Hoist (Easy to Set Up)
- 3 Best Truck Hitch Deer Hoists
- 1. Kill Shot Hitch-Mounted Deer Hoist (Recommend To Buy)
- 2. HME Products Truck Hitch Deer Hoist(Average One)
- 3. Guide Gear Deluxe Deer Hoist (Cheapest One)
- 4. MaxxHaul Hydraulic Receiver Hitch Mounted Crane (Versatile Use)
- 2 Best Tree Deer Hoist
- 1. Moultrie Feeder Hanging Deer Hoist (Premium Quality)
- 2. Guide Gear Tree Mounted Deer Hoist (Cheap & Premium)
List Of Best Deer Hoist
3 Best Potable Tripod Deer Hoist
1. Kill Shot DRC-DTP Portable Deer Hoist (Best Budget Buy)
The Kill Shot tripod deer hoist is at the top of our list because of customer reviews and ratings on Amazon. This comes with all necessary setup hardware, so assembling and disassembling becomes easier for you. It is highly recommended for those who don’t have a good tree to hang a gambrel. Moreover, the price of the hoist is $110, but worth paying than to buy those cheaper blocks and tackle setups.
2. HME-TPH Portable Deer Hoist (Premium Quality)
The HME-TPH tripod deer game hoist has quite less weight lifting capacity than Kill shot deer hoist that is why I placed it on 2nd rank. Launched in 2018, this lightweight deer hoist is the best accessory for avid hunters. The total weight of the hoist is 23 kg, so you won’t face any problem while placing it from your truck to the yard. I am recommending this because it takes just 15 minutes to assemble. Moreover, you get an adjustable utility tray to place cleaning supplies and other items with this hoist.
3. Guide Gear Portable Tripod Deer Hoist (Easy to Set Up)
The Guide Gear Tripod deer hoist is a great solution for field dressing and deer skinning. Not only for hanging a game but it is also used for lifting a pump from your tank, lifting a drum, or cooking and preparing other games like cougar and turkey. However, this is easy to put together but you may face issues to get the winch to reverse. It happens because of wounding the cable in the wrong direction. Well, this deer hoist is best to buy under a $120 budget. Overall it is comparatively expensive than other hoists in our list but much better than more expensive game tripods out there. It is best recommended for those who like to hunt other games along with the deer.
3 Best Truck Hitch Deer Hoists
1. Kill Shot Hitch-Mounted Deer Hoist (Recommend To Buy)
The SWIVEL hitch-mounted deer hoist is manufactured by The Kill Shot, which is best known for making innovative hunting gears. Well, this deer hoist is recommended for those hunters who have a budget of $200. This sounds costly but it is manufactured with premium quality material. Moreover, it has the capability to rotate into 360 degrees, so you don’t need to adjust your truck in order to position the game. However, the hoist takes time to deliver and quite heavy to attach with the vehicle. You may even hurt yourself if you don’t place it consciously. In a nutshell, it works well in the field and fits perfectly in the back of your truck.
2. HME Products Truck Hitch Deer Hoist(Average One)
The HME truck hitch game hoist was recently launched in 2020. This is compact with rock-solid stability and gives you a convenient 360 degree swiveling. Also, it is extremely easy to set up without needing any instructions. Moreover, adjustable foot support enhances the balancing of this hoist. However, the foot is not much taller still it provides a good grip on the land. If you are an archery hunter and like to hunt alone, then this is highly recommended for you. This well-built hoist weighs around 50 lb so you easily pick and place it into your truck on your own.
3. Guide Gear Deluxe Deer Hoist (Cheapest One)
This Guide Gear receiver hitch deer hoist was launched in 2010. Since then, it is popular among the hunting community. The total weight of this game hoist is 35 lb which is easy to pick and drop into your UTV or truck. There are various other brands in the market but this costs just $110, which makes the difference. However, the price is low due to tubular steel manufacturing which is considered comparatively lower quality than stainless steel. Still, this hoist is getting a huge response in the market. If you are looking for a good quality game hoist at a low budget price then this is recommended for you.
4. MaxxHaul Hydraulic Receiver Hitch Mounted Crane (Versatile Use)
Here we have a MaxxHaul hitch-mounted crane with 1000 lb capacity. I saved it for the last because I wanted to surprise you with this best and multipurpose hoist system. This one is adjustable in the field, back of your truck, or any other place you desire. Moreover, It is both affordable and the best trailer hitch deer hoist. It is recommended to move heavy generators, pressure washers, barrels, and any other commodity including your game. Well, the price of this receiver hitch-mounted crane is $260. If you have a good budget and want to lift more than a game, this is recommended for you.
2 Best Tree Deer Hoist
1. Moultrie Feeder Hanging Deer Hoist (Premium Quality)
This receiver hitch deer hoist plan is at the first position under the title of best tree deer hoist after beating Viking Solutions VS-VHK001. I chose this because of its sturdy manual winch and long cable. However it is slightly more expensive than VS-VH001, but it is worth paying and having good customer reviews and ratings on Amazon. However, if you have a low budget, you are suggested to go with VS-VHK001 as it is worth just $60. I am recommending this because it is fairly easy to assemble and has a good metal hanger. You are allowed to bring this anywhere on the land you hunt to field dress and skin game. It is worth every penny you pay.
2. Guide Gear Tree Mounted Deer Hoist (Cheap & Premium)
Moreover, the fit and finish are excellent that eases the skinning work. It is the best tree hoist under a $100 budget. It breaks down into parts for easy transport and assembling. The total weight of the hoist is 32 lb, so feel free to attach it to a tree without taking the help of another person. Overall it’s a good deal for lone hunters and game stalkers.